Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Pin It Now! I think Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I love dressing up and coming up with new costumes.  But this year inspiration failed me.  I think because I had so little time to prepare...I had just returned from a 2 week vacation to Hong Kong and Bali.  I ended up recycling one of my old costumes from 3 years ago.  Though I reused the dress and accessories for the costume, I changed the make up.

A friend and I had seen The Yard Dogs at a beer festival in VA and became immediately obsessed with one of their acts in which several performers had dressed up as dolls.  So that year we dressed up as creepy twin dolls with white powder faces and red kabuki lips.  This year we decided to take it one step further and become dead dolls with the sewn up mouth, cut off head, and black rimmed eyes.  I also wanted to add a Fafi-esque flair to it so I drew black hearts on our cheeks as well.  So here's our version of a creepy dead doll!


DSC_0018
DSC_0024
DSC_0020
DSC_0017
DSC_0016

I tried to give every a vacuous stare with my eyes wide open the entire night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...