Friday, January 18, 2013

foodie friday

Pin It Now!
duck noodle

I eat noodles, a lot. I never get tired of noodles and could probably consume it every day if possible. When choosing between noodles or rice, it's almost guaranteed that I will be eating noodles. I might even prefer it over the holy french fry.

For this particular broth I took left over duck carcass from our dinner at Peking Gourmet and made a stock, adding in star anise, black pepper, white pepper, ginger, and scallions. The resulting stock was rich with roasted duck flavor and a perfect base for noodle soup. I ended up freezing half of it for cold wintery nights where only a steaming bowl of hot noodle soup will supplicate my hunger.

I boiled some noodles, beef tendon balls, greens, ladled hot duck broth over it, topped off with some scallions and done. Instant noodles! Everything was from the freezer except the chinese broccoli.

Next time I go to Peking Gourment you can be assured I'll be taking home the duck carcass again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...