Tuesday, August 30, 2011

more isabelle marant dicker knock offs

Pin It Now!
I can't tell you how obsessed I am with finding the perfect inspired version of the Isabelle Marant dicker boots...almost to the point of buying the real ones. Just one problem, I can't seem to find them in my size even after stalking them on ebay.

I bought and returned the Dolce Vita Jamison because they just didn't look right. They are missing that slight dip in the front at the ankle. The dip really is what made fall in love with the Isabel Marant boots, it really works to elongate your legs, which I definitely need. Plus the overall toe shape was a bit rounder than I wanted. The dicker boots aren't pointy but they are slightly almond shaped and not completely rounded like the DV boots. Slight details make a whole world of difference.

Meanwhile I've spotted another knock off by Report...the Marks available at Nordies, Piperlime.com, and Shoes.com. Might give those a try!

4 comments:

  1. I've also been looking for a suitable knock off. I can't decide among the Steven by Steve Madden Pembrooks, the DV's you tried and the Report version. Did you ever try the Report? What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man i just saw your comment! I bought the marks and kept them. I also tried the pembrooks, which is almost the same as the marks except the color is different. I didn't end up keeping the pembrooks though since I have bad luck w/ steve madden shoes falling apart on me. Also I bought the aldos QUALHEIM which would be my favorite! Very sleak looking and a slightly higher shaft than the other two. Also the color is great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen these ones?

    http://www.ioffer.com/i/isabel-marant-inspired-dicker-ankle-boots-suede-in-meil-470161484

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no i haven't i probably wouldn't for the price...im pretty happy with the ones from aldos, and steve madden. though i think the aldos are my favorite...i wear them so much they're starting to look a bit tattered! wish i had bought a back up pair.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...