Friday, January 10, 2014

Travel Diary Bangkok Last Days

Pin It Now! On our last days in Bangkok we did some last minute shopping at Chatachuk Market, Siam, and Platinum Fashion Mall and topped it off with some of the best ramen I've ever had. I've had Ramen in several places in the D.C. metro but none have compared to Mitsuwa in SoCal and Ippudo in NYC. I've even had ramen my friends raved about in Hong Kong, but I found it overly salty and lacking in flavor.


After googling the Eakamai Thonglor areas in Bangkok for nightlife potential, I came across a site dedicated to food in the area, specifically ramen. Though none of the places listed peaked my interest until I googled ramen in Bangkok and came upon Bankara. It had almost 5 stars on Tripadvisor, but Sean was not convinced. He had to consult a long time friend in Thailand who legitimized it was the best ramen in Bangkok.

And off we went on our last day early, which turned out to be good because there was a line out the door by the time noon came around. It lived up to all the hype has the best ramen I've ever had, beating out Ippudo and Mitsuwa by miles. The tonkatsu broth was rich and brimming with pork flavor. It was so rich neither of us could finish our bowls, which is so sad. A return visit is already planned on our next trip to Bangkok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...